Skip to main content

.oh.really.

.ok. for real. riding with people really isn't so bad after all. it's just those times when you are invited on a last minute whim that can be quite sad. being the sporadic junkie that i am this will soon come to a head for sure. as of yet i've fed my need for sporadic in different ways such as: riding my bike in multiple different directions (until i get to a hill then i turn the other way)..staring aimlessly at the wal and finding paint spots where i've ever so carelessly spattered paint..or the ever so welcome s.bux visits.

.meeting. with people and just talking to them and hearing their "story" and what is on their hearts is something i could do for hours. the one thing that i was really worried about with my driving privileges being revoked is the fact that i would not have as much freedom to meet with people at said coffee shops. making for awkward moments at times. it's so humbling to invite someone to meet with you for coffee and then in turn ask them for a ride so they can meet with you. ha! especially if i have to lay down the law..i'm a straight shooter and sometimes i call it like it is. imagine having a tough conversation with a friend and really calling them to the rug. ok you got that picture? now when the convo is all finished and you're saying your good-byes ask her for a ride home. ugh! may i suggest a light convo about a great station you found on pandora and jam out the way home. works for me at least.

.as. for the riding behind the dashboard..well it's really..actually..surprisingly not so bad. there is a common theme running through the tough things of my life right now and that is trust. trusting first God then the people he has put in my life. making my relationships about him and not about the people or me. confession time. moving towards some painful stuff with trust and realizing that it is all about a God who is trustworthy, who is just worthy. period. crazy thought process that i most assuredly would not have had without the man they call Jesus. end of story. i remember my license got suspended for 30 days back a few years ago and guess who still drove..b/c the 'man' couldn't put me down. that wasn't as serious and was more of a precaution not a "hey we think there may in fact be something up" kind of mind set. now is the time where you should start to sing "a whole new world" from aladdin. ready.go.

.magic.carpet.ride.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.everything.is.a.mess.

.But.God. .Another. yay God moment happened just yesterday! Oscar went and picked up two new women to move into the residential program at the House of Hope! Two more lives on the way to restoration and leaving their life of sin. God is good. .Some. things I never want to get used to about being at the House of Hope is seeing brokenness and broken people. I have found myself talking to Jesus this week a lot about wanting him to burn the faces of these precious children and women in my mind and in my heart. That I would not forget the look in their eyes. That I would not forget their voice. That I would not forget what God has brought them out of…and what he desires so desperately to do in them. That I would not become hard or desensitized to the stories of these people whom I love dearly. .This. week I’ve had the privilege of being the person that the girls have shared hurts with. I’ve cried with and over several girls this week in just hearing

.forever.changed.part.cuatro.

.day.four.friday. .last.day at House of Hope. .a. marathon day to end the week with for sure. two cell group visits..teaching a cooking/baking class at HoH..two more cell group visits (which we missed one..but got to hear stories)..saying goodbye to the girls at HoH..and lunch and dinner squeezed in there at some point. i was glad that the day was busy. wanted to experience everything before we headed out the next day. .bright. and early we arrived at a small church. balloons and streamers decorated the small building. we piled out of the van and into plastic lawn chair seats. we sat amongst the cell group members. each with their own story that i wish we had time to hear. Shea taught a lesson from Exodus about how God had done amazing things for his people..but some of those people stayed in captivity. God wants full and total freedom for his children. hearing this teaching and then looking back at what God had done in just a few days time made this Truth come alive to me yet ag

.where's.waldo.

.You. remember that childhood past time of trying to find that pesky little Waldo right? .Well...for me...here in Nica...life is sometimes like that. Be it me personally feeling like I don't know where I am or be it me forgetting where I put my keys or water bottle. It has ranged from me feeling a little lost in where I stand in my relationship with God or where my thinking is going...good or bad. What I mean by being a little lost in where I stand with my relationship with God is simply a question I ask myself regularly.."am I following Him or what other people tell me about Him?" I can recognize quickly where I am based on how "soft" I feel or don't feel. For those of you who know me well you will know exactly  what I mean by that. Haha. For those of you who don't know me quiet so well...here's my two stages of fellowship with God: soft and hard. I don't really have any good middle ground there..but for me that's ok. .My. consta