Skip to main content

.big.NEWS.

.so. here it is the big news you have all been waiting for....

.i've. posted a little something about it on Facebook this past weekend but here's the details of what i posted.

.i. am scheduled to be moving to nica for six months starting in June!

.not. a shock or surprise i'm sure to some people..but it is to me. which is weird because i was the one who applied for the internship. i went through the "next steps" that God was giving me. but alas i'm still surprised that i will be leaving the country for six months in just over two months.

.surprised. that in mid janurary i almost opted out of what God had for me in nicaragua!

.surprised. that just eight months ago i had what my friends and i like to call "the incident"..a small tango with my past..where i learned deeply about God's love and GRACE covering my life.

.surprised. that i've only been walking with God for about a year and a half..but i can't recognize myself because of what he has done in me.

.surprised. that three years ago i was running as far away as i could from God.

.realizing. this truth..that God is redeeming my life right before my eyes..brings my heart even closer to his and having my roots grow down into him even more. as some of you know those verses in ephesians about our roots growing down deep into God's love has been my theme verse for the past three or so months. i am living proof that God's word is alive and active. it's happening. i've got "roots" and they are going way down deep!

.so. next steps for now..

.i've. informed my supervisor at work just today about the big news..and she wasn't surprised either. (why am i the only one surprised?) so it's officially public and out of the bag so to speak. i've got a ton to do between now and June 5th. i've even counted my weeks..in wednesdays b/c that's when my small group meets at Blueridge. i've got a total of 11 wednesdays left including tomorrow.

.step. one buy plane ticket! the cost of flights alone will be around the $1000 range (that's the high end).

.step. two start raising support. TWO types of support are needed. one funding monetarily. that's a given. two is prayer support. praying now. praying while i'm there. praying upon return. pray! someone had a wonderful idea in this area. to have people be committed to pray for me each day i am gone..i'm brainstorming with this idea and will come up with some ways you can be involved in this way!

.step. three learn spanish. i've got a computer program that i'm steadily plugging away at with trying to get as much spanish into my head as possible prior to leaving.

.step. four adios amigos!

.as. for now i've got a couple ideas on how to raise support as far as painting some pallets again and making bracelets to sell. all in all i will need to raise about $3,400-$4,000. if you feel led to give in this way let me know. please email me at akperilloux@gmail.com or if you are local i'm easy to find. ;)

.deep. breath.

YAY GOD!

.so. excited and humbled to get to serve God in this way. i'm super excited to be able to bring you along with me as well.

.let's go.

Comments

  1. YAY Ash! I am SO excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about how God is using you in amazing ways! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diligence in Community

Diligence: Concientiousness in paying proper attention to a task; giving the degree of care required in a given situation

When I think of my friend Angie the word diligence is synonymous for her and how she lives her life. 
I met Angie in 2002 when I first moved to VA. She, being a pastor's daughter, serving and working in the Baptist church my family and I went to. God began to write a story of friendship, dedication, and love.

Angie, being one of the most outgoing people you've ever met. Loves the Lord with all that she has. You can't help but be her friend, no matter how far award from the Lord you are. I was intrigued by this new friend who seemed to have no cares in the world and if she did, she had a God who cared greatly about those needs. I was not all about the God she loved, yet she pursued my heart in small, intentional ways that was of the Lord's leading. 
Over the past 15 or so years Angie has remained a constant friend. No matter how many miles apart, a …

.unprocessed.

.I. don't really know how much time I'll need to fully process and think through these past six months. If you don't know this about me...I am a thinker...sometimes it's my greatest downfall. I remember it seeming so surreal that I was leaving Nicaragua up until I landed in Miami. I told Dave, one of our elders/pastors, that it just felt like the team was going to leave and I was going to say goodbye to them once again. Just weird to wrap your head around leaving somewhere like Nicaragua...more precisely...House of Hope...to enter into the world of the States.



.Two. totally different worlds.



.It's. hard to believe that I have been back in the states for a week now. Thinking back to life at House of Hope and just how much can and does happen in a week my heart aches knowing that I am not there walking through those changes with those precious girls and women. (Right about now is when my eyes fill with tears...hence the reason why I have not made it through this pos…

.loss.

I'm not a writer.
(Don't judge my grammar/spelling, I do what I want.) :)
I'm not a blogger.
I am a sharer. (If that's a word.)
I shared my journey through living in Nicaragua.
I shared bits and pieces here and there as life unfolded post Nicaragua.

This post is coming from something deep. Something that is deep in my heart and has been a major part of what God has been teaching me through my year and a half back in the States.

Loss. {def. : be deprived of cease to have or retain.}

What is loss?

Loss can take on many different faces through our lives.
"I lost my car keys."
"I lost my teddy bear."
"I lost my glasses."
"I lost my grandmother."
"I lost my home."
"I lost my wife/husband."
"I lost my child."
"I lost my childhood."
"I lost my friend."
"I lost my ________."

So many different emotions arise as I read those statements. Some bring up a lightness in helping a young child find their t…