Skip to main content

.big.NEWS.

.so. here it is the big news you have all been waiting for....

.i've. posted a little something about it on Facebook this past weekend but here's the details of what i posted.

.i. am scheduled to be moving to nica for six months starting in June!

.not. a shock or surprise i'm sure to some people..but it is to me. which is weird because i was the one who applied for the internship. i went through the "next steps" that God was giving me. but alas i'm still surprised that i will be leaving the country for six months in just over two months.

.surprised. that in mid janurary i almost opted out of what God had for me in nicaragua!

.surprised. that just eight months ago i had what my friends and i like to call "the incident"..a small tango with my past..where i learned deeply about God's love and GRACE covering my life.

.surprised. that i've only been walking with God for about a year and a half..but i can't recognize myself because of what he has done in me.

.surprised. that three years ago i was running as far away as i could from God.

.realizing. this truth..that God is redeeming my life right before my eyes..brings my heart even closer to his and having my roots grow down into him even more. as some of you know those verses in ephesians about our roots growing down deep into God's love has been my theme verse for the past three or so months. i am living proof that God's word is alive and active. it's happening. i've got "roots" and they are going way down deep!

.so. next steps for now..

.i've. informed my supervisor at work just today about the big news..and she wasn't surprised either. (why am i the only one surprised?) so it's officially public and out of the bag so to speak. i've got a ton to do between now and June 5th. i've even counted my weeks..in wednesdays b/c that's when my small group meets at Blueridge. i've got a total of 11 wednesdays left including tomorrow.

.step. one buy plane ticket! the cost of flights alone will be around the $1000 range (that's the high end).

.step. two start raising support. TWO types of support are needed. one funding monetarily. that's a given. two is prayer support. praying now. praying while i'm there. praying upon return. pray! someone had a wonderful idea in this area. to have people be committed to pray for me each day i am gone..i'm brainstorming with this idea and will come up with some ways you can be involved in this way!

.step. three learn spanish. i've got a computer program that i'm steadily plugging away at with trying to get as much spanish into my head as possible prior to leaving.

.step. four adios amigos!

.as. for now i've got a couple ideas on how to raise support as far as painting some pallets again and making bracelets to sell. all in all i will need to raise about $3,400-$4,000. if you feel led to give in this way let me know. please email me at akperilloux@gmail.com or if you are local i'm easy to find. ;)

.deep. breath.

YAY GOD!

.so. excited and humbled to get to serve God in this way. i'm super excited to be able to bring you along with me as well.

.let's go.

Comments

  1. YAY Ash! I am SO excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about how God is using you in amazing ways! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

.everything.is.a.mess.

.But.God. .Another. yay God moment happened just yesterday! Oscar went and picked up two new women to move into the residential program at the House of Hope! Two more lives on the way to restoration and leaving their life of sin. God is good. .Some. things I never want to get used to about being at the House of Hope is seeing brokenness and broken people. I have found myself talking to Jesus this week a lot about wanting him to burn the faces of these precious children and women in my mind and in my heart. That I would not forget the look in their eyes. That I would not forget their voice. That I would not forget what God has brought them out of…and what he desires so desperately to do in them. That I would not become hard or desensitized to the stories of these people whom I love dearly. .This. week I’ve had the privilege of being the person that the girls have shared hurts with. I’ve cried with and over several girls this week in just hearing

.forever.changed.part.cuatro.

.day.four.friday. .last.day at House of Hope. .a. marathon day to end the week with for sure. two cell group visits..teaching a cooking/baking class at HoH..two more cell group visits (which we missed one..but got to hear stories)..saying goodbye to the girls at HoH..and lunch and dinner squeezed in there at some point. i was glad that the day was busy. wanted to experience everything before we headed out the next day. .bright. and early we arrived at a small church. balloons and streamers decorated the small building. we piled out of the van and into plastic lawn chair seats. we sat amongst the cell group members. each with their own story that i wish we had time to hear. Shea taught a lesson from Exodus about how God had done amazing things for his people..but some of those people stayed in captivity. God wants full and total freedom for his children. hearing this teaching and then looking back at what God had done in just a few days time made this Truth come alive to me yet ag

.where's.waldo.

.You. remember that childhood past time of trying to find that pesky little Waldo right? .Well...for me...here in Nica...life is sometimes like that. Be it me personally feeling like I don't know where I am or be it me forgetting where I put my keys or water bottle. It has ranged from me feeling a little lost in where I stand in my relationship with God or where my thinking is going...good or bad. What I mean by being a little lost in where I stand with my relationship with God is simply a question I ask myself regularly.."am I following Him or what other people tell me about Him?" I can recognize quickly where I am based on how "soft" I feel or don't feel. For those of you who know me well you will know exactly  what I mean by that. Haha. For those of you who don't know me quiet so well...here's my two stages of fellowship with God: soft and hard. I don't really have any good middle ground there..but for me that's ok. .My. consta