Skip to main content
.10.weeks.

.here. is the fun part where we all get to see God provide and work by using his people..my family..be a part of what he is doing.

.my. goal for the trip is to raise right around $4,500. this includes airfare to and from, living expenses while there as well as emergency funds for anything that may come up.  feel free to click here to open up the online giving page. this will open up a new window so you can keep reading if you'd like. :)

.as. the days are slowly ticking by i am realizing that they are going to start flying by and i'm going to be wondering where March went..where April went..and where May went. i have set a few goals to keep me focused for these next ten weeks. the main goal that i am constantly reminding myself of is "love people well..love my friends and my family well right now. don't pull away. don't do self-protect mode. love only."


.those. that are closest to me know this journey of letting people in and allowing others deep into my life has been a rough one. lots of tears. lots of hard talks. BUT lots of growth. lots of deep meaningful relationships. not only relationships with others here..but my relationship with God. as i started this journey several months back i was focused on the here and now. i was seeing my trust..err..distrust in people and wanted to just start trusting. i saw my thoughts of where i do and don't belong in the friendships i had. i quickly realized that is NOT the focus that God wanted me to have.

                         he wanted me to focus on trusting him..loving him..belonging to him.

.as. that focus shifted i noticed i was then able to trust people. i was able to allow others in close. not without fault or bumps still..but starting to just do it without thinking about it. that was God working and doing that in me.

.this. is still a weak spot for me and one that has been intensified due to the upcoming move to Nicaragua. learning to walk this out on a new level. on a much deeper level. it's bringing up insecurities that i so do not want..but alas they are there. what to do with them. the battle of thoughts. it's a bit tiring if i'm honest. but i know how to fight this. i'm in the process of getting my old notebook out once again. to write the lies i am believing on one side of the page and God's truth on the other. i did this for several months when i was first starting to walk through this. i had that notebook with me everywhere. it was my security. it wasn't some good quotes or good thoughts to think on. it was truths..God's truths. ultimate and secure.

.with. all that said. i would appreciate your prayers as i am walking this out in obedience. not that i don't want to go to Nica..that's not the case..i do. it is going to be hard. probably harder than God is allowing me to realize at this point. i am going to need to be held up in prayer as i'm walking through not pulling away here..serving while there..and coming home.

.thank. you in advance for your prayers.

.on. a lighter note.

.i. had my first dream about living in Nica last night. i was walking on to campus at HoH and i saw one of the girls. the girl that i spoke about on the fourth day at HoH. she saw me and ran over into my arms. i began sharing "all" the spanish i had been learning. (i just the word all lightly.) we were discussing the colors and days of the week. i was communicating to her in spanish but i didn't know what i was saying. it was good to be back there even just in my dream. knowing that this is exactly where God wants me to be going. i am looking forward to loving and serving the women, girls, and staff at HoH.

.bring. it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

.everything.is.a.mess.

.But.God. .Another. yay God moment happened just yesterday! Oscar went and picked up two new women to move into the residential program at the House of Hope! Two more lives on the way to restoration and leaving their life of sin. God is good. .Some. things I never want to get used to about being at the House of Hope is seeing brokenness and broken people. I have found myself talking to Jesus this week a lot about wanting him to burn the faces of these precious children and women in my mind and in my heart. That I would not forget the look in their eyes. That I would not forget their voice. That I would not forget what God has brought them out of…and what he desires so desperately to do in them. That I would not become hard or desensitized to the stories of these people whom I love dearly. .This. week I’ve had the privilege of being the person that the girls have shared hurts with. I’ve cried with and over several girls this week in just hearing

.forever.changed.part.cuatro.

.day.four.friday. .last.day at House of Hope. .a. marathon day to end the week with for sure. two cell group visits..teaching a cooking/baking class at HoH..two more cell group visits (which we missed one..but got to hear stories)..saying goodbye to the girls at HoH..and lunch and dinner squeezed in there at some point. i was glad that the day was busy. wanted to experience everything before we headed out the next day. .bright. and early we arrived at a small church. balloons and streamers decorated the small building. we piled out of the van and into plastic lawn chair seats. we sat amongst the cell group members. each with their own story that i wish we had time to hear. Shea taught a lesson from Exodus about how God had done amazing things for his people..but some of those people stayed in captivity. God wants full and total freedom for his children. hearing this teaching and then looking back at what God had done in just a few days time made this Truth come alive to me yet ag

.where's.waldo.

.You. remember that childhood past time of trying to find that pesky little Waldo right? .Well...for me...here in Nica...life is sometimes like that. Be it me personally feeling like I don't know where I am or be it me forgetting where I put my keys or water bottle. It has ranged from me feeling a little lost in where I stand in my relationship with God or where my thinking is going...good or bad. What I mean by being a little lost in where I stand with my relationship with God is simply a question I ask myself regularly.."am I following Him or what other people tell me about Him?" I can recognize quickly where I am based on how "soft" I feel or don't feel. For those of you who know me well you will know exactly  what I mean by that. Haha. For those of you who don't know me quiet so well...here's my two stages of fellowship with God: soft and hard. I don't really have any good middle ground there..but for me that's ok. .My. consta